Which foods contain Omega 3
Omega 3’s are polyunsaturated fatty acids that are key to human health. They are found in a variety of foods including fish, vegetable oils and nuts. We tell you all about why it is important to eat foods containing the element and how to maintain a balance in the body in this article.
List of products
Most often, experts recommend consuming at least twice a week about 250 grams of fish, of which about 100 grams will be salmon, mackerel or other fatty marine species. Care should be taken to maintain a sufficient amount of such products in the diet:
- oily marine fish. Salmon, sardines, herring, mackerel and anchovies are excellent sources of Omega 3. These fish contain two particularly important forms of Omega 3: EPA and DHA.
- Flaxseed oil and flax seeds. They are one of the richest plant sources of Omega 3, mainly in the ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) form.
- Walnuts. These nuts contain significant amounts of ALA.
- Soy products. Such as tofu and soya beans also contain Omega 3.
- rapeseed oil. Another source of ALA.
- seaweed and algae supplements: Especially beneficial for vegans as they can contain DHA and EPA.
It’s important to create a balanced menu that takes into account the foods listed and the specifics of your body specifically. This will help you prevent potential problems from micronutrient deficiency.
The importance of Omega 3 for the body
Omega 3 fatty acids play an important role in maintaining cardiovascular health, improving brain function and reducing inflammation in the body. They can also help lower blood triglyceride levels and improve skin health.
Regular consumption of foods rich in Omega 3’s can help prevent chronic diseases such as heart disease, arthritis and depression. It is especially important to include them in the diet for pregnant and breastfeeding women because Omega 3 promotes brain development in the fetus and newborn.
It is difficult to make a complete balanced diet, taking into account the needs of the body in the trace element, so it is recommended to consult a specialist. This will help you to cope with the task and get a menu that will meet all your individual features of the body. Thanks to this, you will feel alert and energetic and will not have health problems.