Nutrition in peptic ulcer disease
Gastric ulcer is a complex disease that requires special attention from the patient. A proper nutritional programme will be required, as any deviations from the recommendations can lead to a significant worsening of the situation and the development of painful sensations. It is necessary to adhere to the correct amount of carbohydrates, proteins, fats and minerals. We tell you all about what products should be excluded, and what should be added to the diet.
You need to emphasise your diet on healthy foods:
- simple chicken and vegetable soups. You should not allow a strong boil, which will lead to heartburn;
- various porridges. Almost all are suitable, but they can be seasoned only with vegetable oil. Brown rice or oatmeal is best suited;
- frozen and fresh vegetables, as well as fruits. But not tangerines, oranges or pineapples, which increase acidity.
From drinks, compote, kisel or warm milk is recommended. You can also consume bakery products, but only not from muffins or rye flour. Sukhariki without seasoning are excellent.
What products need to be excluded from the diet
Unfortunately, the list of forbidden products will be many times longer. Among them:
- various sausages;
- tinned foods, biscuits, buns;
- red meat, fried fish dishes;
- rich broths, including mushroom broths;
The main problem is the prohibition of spicy, salty, pickled and smoked food. Because of this, it becomes too difficult to compile an acceptable nutrition programme on your own. It will be necessary to consult a specialist for menu planning, so that you do not stop eating even remotely tasty food.
Symptoms of the disease
Basically, the symptoms cause great discomfort to the person and create situations in which the body cannot work and function normally. Here are just a few of the problems:
- pain syndrome. Most often in the upper abdomen, has a periodic character, occurs during the consumption of spicy or fatty food;
- severe heartburn. For several hours after breakfast, lunch or dinner;
- vomiting and nausea. Often occurs immediately after eating;
- lack of appetite. The symptom can be called psychological, since it is often just a desire not to feel discomfort because of food.
That’s why, in case you suspect a disease or if you want to prevent this scenario in advance, you need to contact specialists to draw up a menu. Thanks to a balanced nutrition programme, you will be able to improve your health and prevent the development of ulcers. The main thing is to take into account in the diet all your needs and individual characteristics of the body.