Which foods contain vitamin D
In most cases, Vitamin D is necessary for the body to absorb calcium and phosphorus from food. The element is produced under the influence of ultraviolet rays and comes with various foods, mainly of animal origin. We tell you all about the benefits of the element and what products contain the vitamin in large quantities.
The benefits of vitamin D in the human body
First of all, it is necessary to divide the vitamin itself into two groups. The fat-soluble element can be of the D2 type, when it enters the body from plant sources. Whereas D3 will come through animal foods like fish oil or egg yolks. Only 20 per cent of our D3 stores are obtained through food, while the remaining 80 per cent comes through production due to sunlight synthesis.
The main benefit of the element is in the absorption of nutrients from food. Vitamin D:
- Is useful for children who need calcium to strengthen their bones;
- prevents tooth decay and various gum pathologies;
- increases resistance to various viral diseases.
Allow the deficiency should not be allowed, especially in the first years of life of the child. This can lead to the leaching of calcium and phosphorus from the bones, which can develop the disease rickets. Therefore, you should be attentive to the element and regularly eat food containing the vitamin.
Self production of the element can be improved by regular walks during midday. The lighter the skin, the less time can be spent under the sun for synthesis. It should not be simultaneous
Which foods to take first
You need to maintain a healthy balance of vitamins in your body to feel alert and not lack energy. Weakness or poor sleep can also be the result of a deficiency. Therefore, you need to be aware of foods that can improve the situation. In most cases, you will be able to replenish your stores of the element with the help of such foods:
- salmon and mackerel fish, as well as tinned sardines;
- cod liver, red caviar;
- chicken and quail eggs, milk;
- chanterelle mushrooms.
The main thing is to make a proper nutrition programme that will take into account the body’s needs for vitamin D and provide it in sufficient quantities. That is why it is best to consult a specialist who can prepare a diet for you, taking into account your needs and peculiarities.